The college has three Boys’ units and one Girls’ unit of National Service Scheme to be called.. herein after as N.S.S. units.
The N.S.S. units of the college function under the Chairmanship of the Principal who is assisted by a Committee comprising of teachers in charge of N.S.S. to be called N.S.S. Programme
Officers, Convener of the advisory committee being the senior most N.S.S. Officer. N.S.S. is open to all students except those who are enrolled in N.C.0 and YR.C. Each student on the rolls of
N.S.S shall have to produce 120 hours of work in the minimum annually. This period also includes camps of 70 hours duration.
The overall objective of N.S.S is to enrich constructive educational experience of the students:
- To understand through direct experience the realities of social life.
- To realize their responsibilities to the community.
- To develop a spirit of feeling for and rendering service to the needy.
- To inculcate in the students the value of citizenship and democratic leadership.
- To acquire skills, insight and understanding while working with people.
- To put into use the knowledge and skills gained in the college for the practical solution of social problems.
- To understand the value of constructive social ethos.
- To understand, honor and accept the dignity of labour.
- To inculcate in the students a sense of patriotism, communal harmony and national unity.